Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

MY AMANA DISHWASHER WON'T DRAIN AT THE END OF THE CYCLE.

Customer Question

MY AMANA DISHWASHER WON'T DRAIN AT THE END OF THE CYCLE. EVERYTHING HAS BEEN VERIFIED: THE PUMP WORKS, THERE'S NO CLOGING ANYWHERE ON THE LINE, ALL THE OTHER CYCLES WORK PERFECTLY. I TOOK ALL THE INSIDE PARTS APART, CLEAN THEM AND PUT THEM BACK TOGETHER, THERE WAS NO PROBLEM THERE. 1) IS THERE A RESET BUTTON INSIDE THE ELECTRONIC PORTION OF THE DOOR? 2) IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE THAT I SHOULD CHECK? THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE. PAUL B.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this model does not have a reset. The aux drain motors are known for overheating and shutting off before all the water is out. Also make sure the hose under the sink is creating an air gap so water does not run back into the dishwasher. Not sure if this model has a back flow preventer on it. I would need the model number from the sticker around the door jamb to tell for sure.

We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.