Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Good morning.

Customer Question

Good morning.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the touch pad is shorted. The part with the buttons on it is a membrane. You will need to have it replaced to fix this issue. The average cost is roughly $275.

We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that having a tech do it or with me and stroll in the park?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, is that having a tech do it or with me installing the part?

That's having a tech replace the part. If you're extremely handy, you could make the repair. You can get the part from the local parts house.