Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Our less than 1 year old, through the door LG gave us an

Customer Question

Our less than 1 year old, through the door LG gave us an error code. Water filter and air filter required change out. Would not give us ice or water. Changed the filters for about 70.00. Error code would reset if we unplugged/plugged fridge back in. Everything else worked.
Repair man came, replaced grill, fan motor, error code was still occurring. Could still unplug/plug back in and reset and icemaker would work. However, freezer defrosted and would not come back on.
Called the man. He came back, replaced the motherboard. Assured wife all was well. After that nothing worked. No error code, no reset by plugging/ unplugging, freezer would not get cold, refrigerator stopped working. This all totaled up to several weeks, and lost food. I threatened to take Home Depot and LG to small claims court. LG is refunding money, but told me to dispose of refrigerator. What do you think is wrong with this thing? Is it worth fixing?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The most likely to be at fault is the main control board. They have a very high rate of failure. Do you know the part number that was installed? I suspect the board he replaced may not have been the correct one. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?