Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Accidently held the start button to and washer went to the

Customer Question

Accidently held the start button to long and washer went to the cancwasher will not start. What next?el cycle. Machine partially drained I open the lid and now the
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the complete model number off the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is Model # ***** Serial # *****
I have unplugged the unit overnight hoping the timer might reset itself and plugged back in and tried this morning but no luck.

What is the unit exactly doing now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The unit is doing absolutely nothing!

Ok if the unit does nothing at all can you remove the rear cover on the console to look at the backside of the control board?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess I can give it a try.

OK try this first unplug the unit and hold the start button while plugging it back in see if it comes on or does anything.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried it and nothing happened! My husband really does not want me to take the back panel off ! oh well!

OK can you leave it unplugged overnight and plug it back in in the morning? If it still does nothing you have a bad control board in the console. I have seen them get stuck and sometimes it is just a matter or draining all the power out of the board capacitors to get ti to restart.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I had computer issues and my husband did not want me to take the back panel out.
We called Amana Service people and they came yesterday, The washer is fixed, "lint in the top right corner sensor that is tied to the start- stop switch! It had nothing to do with accidentally pushing the cancel button. $45.00 ! Not bad at all for a house call!

Sounds great! Odd issue

All I ask is please rate my service