Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We purchased a Maytag-Bravos XL washer machine from Home

Customer Question

Hi..We purchased a Maytag-Bravos XL washer machine from Home Depot not even a year ago, and every now and then we would get a F-51 code that would show up on the machine and the machine would stop working..after looking through the manual for troubleshooting issues, it said that if i hit the the cancel button and then the start button, it would reset the machine and continue the cycle..ive had to do that quite a few times over the course of having this machine, and have also had to deal with the code UL, which is saying the load is unlevel..kinda a pain in the butt, b/c i have double checked and leveled the machine itself to see if that would resolve the issue. But last night, the code F-51 came up again and it will not run it's cycle now:( Can you give me any suggestions or send a repair agent over to help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Normally when the F51 code comes up it is time for a new motor control board. Tip the unit back and check the bottom stator hub for any signs of leaking..brownish dried up liquid. If all is good replace the motor control board in the console. It is the large gray board in the console. The part number isW10522399. All I ask is pelase rate my service thanks!