Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Frigidaire Electrolux double oven model number

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire Electrolux double oven model number PLEB30T8CCA. First the top oven stopped working allrogether. A week or so later the bottom oven would get hot but it would not get to setpoint. I don't remember where it maxed out. I replaced the control board model number###-##-####
The top oven still doesn't work at all. The bottom oven heats up but maxes out at 320 degrees. Do I need new relays? It seems strange I would have issues with both relay boards at the same time.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

The top oven may just have a tripped high limit thermostat, that is mounted to the back wall. The bottom oven may have a bad bake element or bad relay on the board. I would check the high limit on the back wall on the top unit and then check the bottom bake element as that is really common.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't seem to locate the high limit. When you say it's mounted to the back do you mean on the inside of the oven? Or do I have to take the oven out of the wall? You're right about the lower unit. The bake element isn't getting hot while the broil element is. Thanks!

It is mounted on the back wall of the unit, you need to remove it from the cavity and then remove the back panel to get at it. It is a pain,