Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE washer/dryer mo. GUAP240EM1WW. The rinse light

Customer Question

I have a GE washer/dryer mo. GUAP240EM1WW. The rinse light is flashing and the lid lock light is on steady.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the issue may lie with the cold water inlet. Does it fill with cold water if you select a cold wash? Will it start a new load? Will it pump out now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When the problem first occurred I changed the ctrl board, I then started a load and it ran until reaching the rinse cycle. I was able to drain the water but after that it just went to lid light flashing with lid lock light on steady. I had this problem in January as well and changed the board and lid switch (it had been broken). The unit worked for 6 mos. after and as I write this I'm thinking even though the lid switch did not appear to be broken this time it may be part of the problem. I will check the water line as well because the wells in that area have a high calcium content. I'll get back to you after I check it out. I'm going back up there on Saturday and hopefully will get back to you with positive results.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good, keep me posted!