Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My 2006 GE dryer has flipped the circuit breaker switch a

Customer Question

my 2006 GE dryer has flipped the circuit breaker switch a hand full of times this summer. It happens when I am opening the dryer to pull out items after they have tossed for a while and then when closing the dryer door to allow the rest to finish - it stops. all electricity to it stops. I go down to the basement - and sometimes must wait a few minutes before the
breaker will actually flip successfully back into place. there is no smell of "heat". It happens on both the perm press cycle and the timed tumble dry. I keep it clean of lint, etc.
Can you help me on this?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been 3 plus days and I have not heard back yet. 1st time using this site - what's up??
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue is likely with the power supply, not the dryer. You may have a loose connection in the outlet or breaker box or a faulty breaker. I would call an electrician if you are not able to inspect the wiring yourself.