Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Frigidaire FAA087S7a wall unit. It worked fine. I

Customer Question

Hello. I have a Frigidaire FAA087S7a wall unit. It worked fine. I turned it off, left the house for a few days, came back and it did not turn on. I opened the control panel, cleaned it of dust, wiggled the wires and it went on immediately and worked fine. Shut it off tonight because it was too cold, and now it will not start again. There is power to the receptacle, no breakers blown on the panel, plug in reset etc works fine. But the unit just will not come on. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Based on what you did to get it working again I would say you may have a bad connection on one of the power wires. I would check where the wires connect from the wall to the terminal block in the unit. You may have a loose connection there or possibly where they are wire nutted in the junction box. Start there and see what you find.