Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

How do you tighten a loose handle on a whirlpool

Customer Question

how do you tighten a loose handle on a whirlpool refrigerator model ed25pw
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave. The screws are behind the inserts. You need to use a very small screwdriver to get the insert started out and then pull it off. After tightening the screws you can snap the inserts back in. This link to the parts list will help you see what you need to remove, #7 and #16.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/whirlpool-refrigerator-parts/model-ED25PWXAW00/1198/0165000/O2006087/00007.html

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have the two screws out but need further assisstance to get handle off to get it to tighten
can you call my cell #(###) ###-#### ***** do not have a smart phone and computer is in the other room

I don't make calls but I can opt out so another expert can assist.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just need to know where to put pressure to pop out to tighten screws older model so not same handles as shown on utube videos
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

I see the last person has opted out do you still need assistance on your door handle issue?