Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

Quick question hopefully easy solution. i have a maytag

Customer Question

hi mike, quick question hopefully easy solution. i have a maytag maxima model mhw8100dw0. just got it today. wife got a little eager before i was done installing and i didn't have the water valves turned on to the the machine so it tried running with no water. needless to say it has an e01 f08 code. Tried letting the machine sit without power to reset code while turning on the water supply and am having no luck resetting this code. Washer just has a humming noise and the door stays locked and still flashes same code.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave. When this happens the washer goes through a routine to be sure all water is drained out. It take 8-10 minutes to reset. Plug it in and let it hum for 10 minutes and it should reset. If not I will tell you how to manually unlock the door and we will go from there but I think you will be okay. Let em know what happens.

Dave

Are you back in business? Let me know.