Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Samsung Refrigerator Freezer with French Doors

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Refrigerator Freezer with French Doors Model RFG297AAWP that quick making ice. I have been trying to find a good instruction video to help me replace it. In addition, I am unable to remove it from the unit right now
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I would not remove the ice maker until you diagnose why it is not making ice. Manually fill the ice maker with water. If it dumps cubes in a few hours but does not refill, the issue is with the water supply. If it does not dump the cubes, the issue is with the ice maker. Let me know what happens after manually filling.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ended up finding a video online that showed how to remove it. I removed it and found ice cubes in the tray. I put it back in and used the test button to fill it although I could not hear the water filling the tray. I waited several hours. No cubes were dispensed. I removed the ice maker again and discovered there were cubes in the machine. I ordered a new ice maker and installed in and it is now working.
Note I found the link in one of you Q&A diatribes but do not recall exactly which one. My question was for a video and I found it Thank you.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, thanks.