Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a ge profile side by side fridge. Water makes noise

Customer Question

Hi, I have a ge profile side by side fridge. Water makes noise on dispensing, after approx 6 oz. loud grinding noise from behind water filter. Have changed filter. Used cap with no filter and problem still exists. Line good, not freezing. Thought of ordering new housing but that is on bottom of fridge in back. Unit is approx less than 5 years old. Would bad housing unit make that noise anyway. No problem with ice maker.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue is likely with the line going to the refrigerator from your home's water supply. That is pretty common with copper line. Is the line copper to the refrigerator? Secure it with retainers or plastic zip ties to alleviate vibration and I suspect you will have no more noise.