Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE dishwasher ZBD6880K10SS that fills with water

Customer Question

I have a GE dishwasher ZBD6880K10SS that fills with water and washes but with very little water pressure to the spray arms. I have removed each of the arms and checked for damage and blockage. When I open the door, the bottom arm spins slowly and the top two barely move.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! This is a very common problem and will require the filter be cleaned. The filter basket is shown as number 508 in the diagram at the link below. The number 506 cover will need to be removed to access it. There are retaining tabs at the front and back of the filter, right near the top. They can be released by squeezing the filter at the top or using a flat screwdriver to gently pry with.

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly... I have the 506 cover off. The 508 filter clips are hard to squeeze. I am correct that the filter comes entirely out of the machine right? I attached a picture.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Yes, they can be a real bugger to release. I usually use a flat screwdriver.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got the clips to release but the water supply line for th sprayers is blocking removal. Do I have to remove that to get it out?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it will just unsnap and push off to the side.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. I got the filter out and it was certainly dirty. Cleaned it with a scrub brush and reinstalled. I'm going to run a load of dishes to see if this solves my problem. Thanks for your help. I'll get back to you once the run is done.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At first glance, when I open the door during wash it still does not look like there is enough water pressure on the spray arms to get the dishes clean. I'll see how they turn out.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Did you clean down inside that hole, too?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just cleaned the filter. There was water standing in the hole. Is that normal? How should I clean it out?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

There will be a little bit left in there, yes. Clean out the rest of that hole and you should be in good shape.