Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My kitchenaid bottom freezer and top refrigerator was making

Customer Question

My kitchenaid bottom freezer and top refrigerator was making noise when using the water on door and then started noise when it refilled the ice maker. Repair man changed a valve and it started to work without noise but week water supply. Now the food on the refrigerator is freezing. Whats up?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I doubt the noise is related to the current issue. If your model has the ice maker in the refrigerator section, there is a seal that is designed to seal the cold air from the ice chute and the fresh food section. That is usually where the trouble lies. If you open the right door, you can see that seal in place. Are there gaps in the seal that are allowing cold air to enter the fresh food section? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model Number: Kitchenaid KF1 S20XVMS
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Did you get a look at the seal under the ice area?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not yet, Kelly. But I will check that out when I get home today.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I checked your model and it does indeed have that seal. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do. Will get back to you and thanks so much, Kelly.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.