Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have an issue almost identical to the one described here.

Customer Question

I have an issue almost identical to the one described here. Slow dispensing and sounds from beneath the cover in back in the freezer- sounds like a motor cycle increasing in rpm's. Not sure where to start re fixing.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hopefully the previous email that my question referenced was attached, as well as the product info I provided.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The motor sound from behind the panel may be normal as that motor is a DC, variable speed motor. It will speed up and slow down as the board directs it to. However, the low pressure at the dispenser is not normal. It is usually caused by a plugged filter, poor pressure to the valve or a faulty valve. Since you have replaced the filter, I suspect the pressure to the valve may be the issue. How is the pressure from your home's water line to the valve?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fan sound is unusually loud. If I push on the cover it reduces to the normal fan-running frige sound. No change in water pressure within the home. Problem with the valve?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

There may not be a change with the pressure in the home, but often times the saddle valves used will get plugged. Turn the valve totally off and back on, any change in pressure? If the fan is noisy, it will need to be replaced and is available below.

CLICK HERE