Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

Something splattered on our Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator

Customer Question

Something splattered on our Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator door and left light drip marks on the stainless steel finish. You can't feel any difference where the spots are and cleaning hasn't worked. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave. It could be a little rust on the steel. "Stainless" steel will rust if a magnet will stick to it. Here is a product I have used that works great. It is a powder and you wet a cloth and make a paste and rub in the direction of the grain. Here is a link You can get it locally sometimes at Lowes, Home Depot or Sears or all over on-line.

http://www.whirlpool.com/accessories-1/home-solution-accessories-2/cleaners-3/-%5BW10278629%5D-1001559/W10278629/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Gallery line has the non-smudge finish and says not to use anything with abrasives on it...do you still think the product you suggested is okay to try?

Oh, if you have coated stainless what I suggested will not work. It would leave a dull area where you use it. This is a difficult issue now. If the recommended methods don't work the finish is stained. How long have you had the refrigerator?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
20 months. The marks appeared one day mysteriously. No one knows what spilled.

I was hoping there would still be warranty. I would suggest calling Frigidaire to see if they have a method for cleaning that won't make it worse. Their number is(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** already called and got nowhere. I am sure I can't be the only one that had this happen and figured someone may know or may know thatnit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whoops...may know what would or wouldn't work.

Since the finish is damaged now it is worth trying a few things. Car wax or even toothpaste has mild abrasives and may remove the marks. I would suggest trying a test area on the side or bottom of a door to see what is does. Toothpaste and a little water will be the most mild and you can work up from there to car wax or clear coat polish. I hope one of these does the trick without making a haze that looks worse.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

Best wishes to you.