Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I think the spark control Viking oven is bad. How do I

Customer Question

I think the spark control for my Viking oven is bad. How do I replace it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There are four screws above the oven opening that will need to be removed and then the tray will slide out, allowing access to the electrical components. See the page from the service manual below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am travelling, but will give it a shot when I return home. Another question... the main oven literally does not do anything. When you turn it on, there is no spark and gas sound. The second oven works fine. Does this additional bit of information help nail down the problem to a certain component?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It will not do anything if the spark is not initiated, no gas will flow. I would check all connections and make sure the ground is secure. That system requires a solid ground for proper operation.