Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a new whirlpool freestanding electric range on which

Customer Question

I have a new whirlpool freestanding electric range on which the oven will not come on. I tried what the manual says as far as turning it on, it displays :bake 100 f on, but it wont come on. What am I doing wrong? The thing is only a month old. Model is WFE51115SOEWO, serial no. R51115756. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Are the top burners getting red hot? Does the broil work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The top is good, oven wont bake or broil, but the light works.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried resetting power, thought it might have something to do with it but it didn't help.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you! If the top is getting red hot, we know the power to the range is good. So, if both the bake and broil are not working, the only thing they share in the circuit is the K5 relay on the oven control board. So, if the wiring is intact to each of the elements, the oven control is faulty. There is no setting that would cause the issue you are having. The warranty will cover that part, so I would recommend you call for warranty repair at 1-***-***-****. However, if you wish to repair it at your expense, I am happy to instruct you on replacing the oven control and providing a link to the part.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think she sent in the warranty card. How much are the parts and labor to repair it?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You don't need the warranty card, only a proof of purchase. The control board your oven takes is part number W10734600, available below.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

The oven control (number 12) is accessed by removing the rear access panel (number 10). All wiring connections simply unplug and plug in, making for a very easy replacement.

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If you have it professionally repaired, expect to pay about 30% more for the control and about $150 for labor, about $550.