Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I am replacing a Jennair top that is 29 3/4 and 22. I do not

Customer Question

Hi John, I am replacing a Jennair cook top that is 29 3/4 and 22. I do not know the size of the cut out. I am putting my house on the market so do not want to replace the granite counter top. The new cook top is 30 3/4 by 21 3/4. will this work? Home Depot was not sure they would let me return the cook top if it doesn't work. Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave. You will need to know the exact cutout dimensions. It sounds like the depth will be okay but the width might require getting someone to cut thew granite. Having the new cooktop and inch wider is good because you can remove material much easier than trying to fill a gap. Depending how they built the cabinets under the cooktop, (if there is no oven there) you may be able to pull out the drawers and measure the cutout. If that is not possible I would get the cooktop pulled up to get an exact measurement. I think at the worst you will need to have the granite cut for width. Best wishes to you.