John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Water is dripping heavily from ice maker in freezer and

Customer Question

water is dripping heavily from ice maker in freezer and flooding kitchen floor
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Is it constantly dripping and flowing out? Or is it just a drip and drop here and there? Do you know how to shit the water supply off to the ref?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a constant heavy drip. I do not know how to shut off water supply to fridge.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

If just a drip and a drop here and there I guess your would not say your floor is flooding. But if so there is just an issue with warm air getting to the ice maker bin and defrosting the ice to water and leaking out from there. But if it is continually or steadily flowing out of the ice maker mold then that could mean either the ice maker or water valve for the ice maker is failing to close and allowing too much water to flow in. And if the ladder is the case in your scenario then I would first start by shutting the water supply off to the ref. in most cases there is a water supply shit off behind the ref or under the kitchen sink. If you don't know where th water supply shit off is to the ref and it is leaking wry badly, then shut the main water supply off to the house for now until you can find the water supply Shri off for the ref.

Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

If this is a big integrated model subzero machine and. It a smaller one then you will not be able to get to the water supply behind the ref. and actually there should never be a water supply behind this kind of ref. because you would not be able to get to it easily. The shut off should be either under the kitchen sink or downstairs somewhere.