Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag refrigerator, cafe doors and freezer on

Customer Question

I have a Maytag refrigerator , cafe doors and freezer on bottom. Replaced the water filter with # ***** Every drop Whirlpool filter . I ran more than four gallons of water thru the new filter. Water has a lot of air in it and has to sit a while before it clear. Water has a fizzy taste. This is the second filter we tried. The old,blue, filter worked well. What is the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

There isn't a problem, it just takes time for the water to fully saturate the water filter. It will literally take days, but the more water you run through it the quicker the filter will saturate completely and remove all the tiny air bubbles inside the filter. Just run a gallon or two of water each day through the filter and it'll clear up after a week or so. Other than that, in the mean time just let the water sit in the cup for about 10 minutes or so and the air will rise and exit the water during that time.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.