Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Whirlpool Quiet Partner IV with the "2" blinking. I

Customer Question

Hi. I have a Whirlpool Quiet Partner IV with the "2" blinking. I cant do the reset because I dont have heat dry. It wont start and run.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Try to reset the circuit breaker or unplug the dishwasher for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work then your touch control panel has just failed and will need to be replaced. The part is usually about $130 or so but you'll need the full model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the tub which can be seen if you open the door.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiTyler, Help! I tried the circuit breaker and am now looking for the plug. Do you need to pull out whole dishwasher?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You don't need to try both, just whatever is easier. Sometimes the dishwasher is hardwired from the house so if you can't unplug it under the sink, then just flip the breaker off to try it.