Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Barry, I have a KitchenAid refrigerator and the ice maker

Customer Question

Hi Barry, I have a KitchenAid refrigerator and the ice maker water intake is dripping. This caused a large accumulation of ice in the freezer. Can this be fixed or do I need a new Ice maker?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the fill tube itself is dripping and overfilling the icemaker or causing it to leak, then you'll need to replace the electronic water valve because it's not sealing off and preventing the water from dripping through. Below is a link to the valve you'd need to order and replace below the refrigerator in order to fix the issue.

CLICK HERE for valve

Now if the icemaker fills and then the icemaker itself just drips out over time, that would mean you need a new icemaker---not a new valve.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tyler, Thanks for the quick reply...that matches what I found from searching the internet...I will order the part and see if that works...thanks very much.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

No problem. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.