Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

May tag MSD2454GRQ, ice tray slightly overflowing and

Customer Question

May tag MSD2454GRQ, ice tray slightly overflowing and dripping water. I replaced water inlet valve assy 61005626 and it still drips. Does Inlet valve kit AP4009066 have a role in this issue?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So yes, if your icemaker is dripping, either the water pressure is too low, or your valve which is part number AP4009066 isn't sealing up properly so it dripping through slowly and then the second valve assembly (which you replaced) allows water to drip through as well since the water pressure is definitely too low since it's just dripping through the first valve.

If your water pressure to the refrigerator from your house is god, then order and replace AP4009066

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thats what I was thinking. The house wp is good so i'll order the other inlet valve AP4009066. Not sure why it requires two inlet valves though.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

No problem and good luck! It has 2 inlet valves so you have one before and after the filter in case the filter breaks or something like that.