Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a kenmoredishwasher, I installed a new control board

Customer Question

I have a kenmore(###) ###-####dishwasher, I installed a new control board and mother board, and ribbon connector, It will not complete a wash cycle and either the start or normal wash button flashes, It will not reset with normal wash?heated dry toggling any more I NEED HELP
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The problem is your touch control panel, not the control board or ribbon cable I'm afraid. The buttons flashing mean that the dishwasher thinks the buttons are being held down for longer than 17 seconds which can occur from heat or moisture getting into the touchpad. Either way, you just need to replace the entire touch control panel to fix that issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is new as well, maybe it's bad? now it will run for about 12 min and stop, soap dispenser will not open, solinoid on dispener works when you put 120v to it????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I unplugged the ribbon and the flashing lights seemed to go away???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After I unpl the ribbon it would run to the point that the dispener should open however it never would
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If it runs to the point the dispenser should open and it doesn't open, that's a bad control board so it sounds like your control board came faulty.