Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The buttons are not responding only the drain button will

Customer Question

The buttons are not responding only the drain button will come on
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the drain option still works, then you know the control board is still working, the dishwasher is getting power, and the door latch is still functioning. That means that your touch control panel itself is failing. If you already reset the circuit breaker and that didn't reset the electronics, there isn't a reset command to reset the touchpad I'm afraid. The touchpad will need to be ordered and replaced and the part usually costs about $130 or so depending on the exact model number which is located on a sticker around the frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?