Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

GE Profile PFSS9PKY Water is leaking into ice maker causing

Customer Question

GE Profile PFSS9PKY
Water is leaking into ice maker causing huge blocks of ice to form. I don't think it's the icemaker since ice is being made and there are no little icicles within the icemaker itself. Repair person told me this is a problem of GE and is often caused by something freezing somewhere else in the refrigerator; he advised me to thaw out the refrigerator which I have now tried, twice.
Water also leaks from ice maker into water catch tray, overflowing down the door.
When I try to turn off the ice maker by using the ice lock button, it still produces ice. How do I turn off this ice maker?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the ice maker is continuously leaking, you may have a faulty water inlet valve or the water pressure to the refrigerator is too low, not sealing the diaphragm in the valve. Is the water hooked to a Reverse Osmosis water filtration system? Has the filter been replaced recently?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Too long to receive reply. I had repair person out more than 24 hours ago and parts have already been ordered.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I understand, thank you. Sorry for the delay.