Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We replaced our main control panel, now we can't get the new

Customer Question

we replaced our main control panel, now we can't get the new panel to re-program. Our front panel where the ice drops will not light up the inside light will not com on but, the refrigerator and freezer are working. Model number AFI2538AEB3
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me what what part you ordered and what are the first 2 digits of your serial number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
part main control board the first two digits
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I need the actual part number that you ordered and the first 2 digits of the serial number to be able to help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the first two digits are KY
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK, and the part number you ordered?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tyler
the board number I do not have it is the main control panel on back of unit the two digits you ask for are KY
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So I understand which board you're talking about, but there is a serial break so hopefully you ordered the correct part number for your serial break which is part number W10310240. If you have the correct board you just need to program the board and below are the instructions. If the instructions don't work, then your board came faulty so send it back and get a new one. Attached are the instructions.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?