Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have kitchenaid dishwasher kudp01flss0. The start button

Customer Question

Hi i have kitchenaid dishwasher kudp01flss0. The start button does not work. It does not run. All the other buttons on the control panel work.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If all the other buttons work, you either have a bad door latch or a bad touch control panel. To determine which part is the issue, just turn the control panel off. Press the start button and see if the lights on the control panel turn on. If they do not, then your touch control panel has just failed and the entire touch control panel will need to be replaced because the start button doesn't know it's being pushed anymore. If the control panel lights DO turn on when you press the start button, then you need a new door latch assembly.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?