Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Where is the fuse on my Kenmore Elite Refrigerator ice

Customer Question

Where is the fuse on my Kenmore Elite Refrigerator ice maker, I have it dismantled, and can't find the fuse
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

On this particular model (made by LG for Sears), there is no fuse. If you're certain there is power to the switch, then you just have a faulty icemaker. You can not replaces separate parts of the icemaker itself so you'll need to replace the entire icemaker so below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for icemaker

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Schematic diagram indicates there is a fuse on ice maker. Tyler Z. said there isn't a fuse. Hmmm?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tyler Z. told me to buy the whole icemaker when I only need the electrical components.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The fuse is built into the wire harness of the icemaker, but my point isn't that there is technically "no fuse"--my point is that if the fuse is bad it's because the icemaker overheated which is why the part isn't sold separately and MUST replace the entire icemaker.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

And if the fuse isn't bad and the icemaker isn't cycling, you still need a new icemaker

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So no matter what if the icemaker isn't cycling---you need a new icemaker.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only need part #5989JB0001A, not the mechanical components, I believe
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hmm, the manufacturing is stating that it needs to be ordered with the bracket as well for some reason. I would agree that I generally just replace the icemaker, but for some reason on this model number the manufacture is telling you to order the entire kit with bracket but no explanation as to why.