Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Have a ge advantium sca2001bsd03. was not heating and

Customer Question

Hi have a ge advantium sca2001bsd03. was not heating and smelled of burnt plastic. replaced magnetron. still not heating but no longer smells. also replaced device attached to capacitor. the vent door at light bulb keeps hitting its switch and backs off. wondering if that interlock is not functioning?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Smells are usually indicative of the coating on the transformer winding burning. Do you have a meter to test the current draw of the appliance when it is running? I can send you the service manual, if you wish, too. Does it sound like it did when it was heating?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no it does not sound like the magneto is kicking in. service manual would be helpful
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The manual is available below.

CLICK HERE