Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Whirlpool Freestanding Range Ceramic Glass Cooktop

Customer Question

Whirlpool Freestanding Range Ceramic Glass Cooktop Replacement - key points (cooktop scheduled to arrive early next week)
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

This is actually quite an easy part to replace. Here are the stops needed to replace the cooktop.

1. Pull the oven forward and unplug the oven or flip the circuit breaker off to the oven.

2. Open the oven door and remove the 2 screws below the front lip of the cooktop in the front right and front left corner.

3. The top panel will now hinge up and backwards. At about a 45 degree angle you can wiggle the cooktop forward and off to remove it completely.

4. Now I can't tell if the burner elements are connects to the bottom of the glass top of if they are mounted to the frame of the oven below the glass top. If they are mounted to the bottom of the glass top, make sure you unscrew the burners and you mark the number that each clip corresponds with on the burner itself. That will make sure the burner gets re-installed properly back onto the new glass top with everything being centered. If the burners are mounted to the frame of the oven and not the glass top, then there is nothing to worry about as far as this step goes.

5. Just re-assemble.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?