Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My ice maker in my new whirlpool fridge stopped working

Customer Question

My ice maker in my new whirlpool fridge stopped working after a couple of weeks. My wife noticed that the shut off arm seemed loose. When I open it up, I see that the metal shut off arm is attached to a plastic arm near the gear that turns the ejector, but doesn't appear to be attached to anything else. There is some (glue?) residue on both the plastic arm and the gear, which suggests they might have been connected, but I can't see how they fit together.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In most of the videos I see on the web, the shut off arm works an electrical switch. However, in this model, it seems the shut off is purely mechanical - there are no wires or contacts anywhere near the plastic arm. I've attached a photo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oh, wait, there is an electrical connection - the switch is on the front plate
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If you have power to the ice maker and the temperature is correct in the freezer, the ice maker is faulty if it is not running. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?