Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My gas stove was on when the power went out. I didn't think

Customer Question

My gas stove was on when the power went out. I didn't think to turn my knobs off right away, and probably didn't turn them to off for 30 minutes or so. When the power did come back on, my stove burners now won't light. But the oven works. Thoughts or ideas? The only thing I've done so far is unplug it and plug it back in. Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no gas smell, and there does not appear to be gas making it to the burners. The only time this has ever happened to the stove is when the cooktop has been "locked" out, but the icon has always been on. There is no icon on, and I have been manually turning the lock on and off just to see if this is somehow involved. So far, it's not working.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm updating this to say that the stove has started working again...I suppose I didn't receive an answer because there was no easy fix? :-)
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is likely a timer on the lock out due to the burners being on with no power, depending on the model. The delay likely allowed a reset. If it gives you trouble again, please post the model number.