Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

The seals on the doors of my Dometic RM 4601 fridge are

Customer Question

The seals on the doors of my Dometic RM 4601 fridge are buggared. If I can take the doors off, I can have new seals fitted by a shop in Bundaberg. This is some distance from my home base. Can you advise on how to reove the doors please. A diagram will be a big help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Not hard really, if you have a few tools. A Phillips screwdriver and 10 millimeter wrench should do it. Take a look at the photos in the attached link. The eyebrow at the top where the control panel is has two small Phillips screws that hold it in place..........or some just snap in place depending on how old it is. Take that loose and hold it up out of the way while you remove the bolt at the top hinge. Take the plastic cap off first. Once you unscrew the hinge bolt and remove it, you pull the door slightly forward and lift up and off. Then remove the center bolt the same way. Unbolt it and pull the bolt out. Tip the door out towards you and lift if off. Watch for any small spacer washers and make a note of where they went. Resinstall the same way in reverse. Once you have the doors back on, you put the eyebrow back in place and reinstall the two screws. They are not easy to see and you have to turn your head down there and look up. Kind of recessed into a pocket. Snap versions just have plastic tabs. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all followups are included in our fee. R.J. http://www.dometic.com/QBankFiles3/EPiServer/Dometic/AU/Catalogs/150518-Upright-Refrigerator-AU_30785.pdf