Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have Bosch dishwasher model SHV4303UC/06. I was replacing

Customer Question

I have Bosch dishwasher model SHV4303UC/06. I was replacing the detergent dispenser and the small black spiral hose that goes from the end of the clear plastic tubing arm off the end of the dispenser and runs through a hole under the bottom of the dishwasher broke off. How do I replace it? Can I just pull it out through the hole and stick a new one through there or does it attach to something under the floor of the dishwasher??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The dispenser breakdown is shown at the URL below. What part is is that came loose?
http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/P0301304-00002.png
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The part that broke off is the small black spiral plastic hose that attaches to the bottom of part #3 from the URL picture. This black spiral hose is not shown on the picture. It looks like it might be the hose that moves the detergent from the dispenser to the dishwasher.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

That is all one assembly, shown below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is it, but what does the loose end of the black spiral hose hook in to? On my dishwasher, it feeds into a small hole at bottom right corner of dishwasher and I can't see what it ties into. I'm trying to figure out whether I can fix this by getting a new black spiral hose and just sticking it through that small hole at the bottom right corner of dishwasher, or if it fits into something under the bottom of dishwasher (in which case I probably need to get a technician to come fix it).
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It is a drain tube that just takes any moisture into the plastic base of the machine. The lower end does not attach to anything.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can I just buy the black spiral plastic hose,and not the whole assembly, and just push the end of the hose into the small lower right hole and it would be fixed?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The hose is not available as a Bosch part, you would need to buy a universal hose and cut to fit. Is it broken at the plastic part?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Can you post a picture of what you see?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it broke at the bend where it goes into the small lower right hole. I can't send a picture of what it looks like since I had to close the door back up when I couldn't complete the repair yesterday.