Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a dacor side by side refrigerator. I think the model

Customer Question

Hi. We have a dacor side by side refrigerator. I think the model number is ***** A based on some paperwork but I can't find the model number on the unit. It is making a humming sound every couple seconds and then there is the added chirping sound every couple more seconds. I removed the cover at the top of the machine and this is the part from which the sounds are coming. I can turn it off and on right there. So. . . I'm wondering what is going on and if I can fix it myself.
Thank you for your help!
Carol
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! It sounds like the sound you are hearing is the compressor trying to start. It may be a start device that is faulty. That refrigerator is actually made by Whirlpool. The model tag is on the ceiling in the fresh food section. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?