Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have the same problem with the same GE Monogram fridge as

Customer Question

Hello, Tom. I have the same problem with the same GE Monogram fridge as in a post you answered 6 years ago. Does rewiring the fan really work to cut the humidity level? GE is no help. Thanks.
Tom Pepe
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is a service bulletin for your model regarding excess moisture on the back of the refrigerator section. This is usually limited to areas of high ambient humidity. Is this the issue you are seeing and do you live in a humid environment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. I don't really have a high humidity environment. We live in northern NJ and the house is centrally air conditioned. Ambient humidity not an issue. Inside of fridge is usually 90% plus humid except for short periods during and after compressor is running....then goes down to 60%. Slowly creeps back up to 90% after compressor shuts down. GE is of no help.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

How are the temperatures and the door gaskets? Do the seals seal well along the entire door frame?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The temp holds pretty steady at 34 with control set at 6. Gaskets are original (9 yrs old) but seem okay. Thinking I should just replace them.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I would probably replace them.

May I please have your entire model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. It'll take me a few days to respond. I am out of town for a bit.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

No worries, thank you. Safe travels.....