Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

ER FF has shown up on my LG refrigerator panel. What is the

Customer Question

ER FF has shown up on my LG refrigerator panel. What is the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

ER FF means that your freezer fan motor isn't turning properly and will need to be replaced. You can turn the breaker off and turn it back on to reset the error but the error will just come back over time when the board realizes that the fan motor isn't spinning quite like it's supposed to. The only way to fix this problem is to remove everything out of the freezer and remove the back panel inside the freezer, then remove the fan motor behind the back wall directly in the middle. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model. There is a video at the bottom of the link which shows you how to replace the part.

CLICK HERE for evaporator fan motor

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?