Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Have a French door Samsung refrig. The lower ice maker not

Customer Question

Hey I'm Jon and have a French door Samsung refrig. The lower ice maker not getting water. I have reset system and filter is fine. Upper unit ok.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the fill line in the wall is frozen or the water valve is bad. Take the hose off the back where the water lines goes into the wall for the bottom ice maker. Blow through it. The lone should be clear. Hot water will clear the line if blocked. The water valve on the back is the other part that would cause a no fill issue. Test the valve for 110v when the ice maker is going around. If you have power, replace the valve. If no power is present, replace the ice maker because it's not sending power.

We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.

Thank you