Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My electrolux dryer stopped working. When I try to turn it

Customer Question

my electrolux dryer stopped working. When I try to turn it on, it hums for about 5 seconds thens just stops. This occurred after a load that was too large was in it for about 1 1/2 hours but didn't dry all the way.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the dryer hums for 5 seconds and cuts off, that means the motor isn't turning over and it's overheating and cutting out. Try to open the door and manually turn the drum by hand just to make sure nothing is jamming the drum. Turn the dryer on again and try again. If it still just hums and cuts out after 5 seconds, you'll need to take the dryer apart and make sure the belt is connected. If so, then your motor has overworked itself and failed I'm sorry to say so you'll need to replace the motor below the drum.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.