Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maxima washer door locked.....trouble shooting fix in manual

Customer Question

Maxima washer door locked.....trouble shooting fix in manual does not unlock
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So to manually unlock the door, it's not easy since they Maytag units. You need to pull the washer forward and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. There is a plastic tab hanging from the bottom of the latch assembly. You need to unplug the washer and pull down on that plastic tab to manually unlock the door.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?