Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We changed the thermo probe on frigidare stove but we are

Customer Question

we changed the thermo probe on frigidare stove but we are still getting a code F31 could you explain why Please
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So F31 could be caused by the temp thermistor being faulty, or it could be a bad wire connection between the sensor and the main control board, or you could just have a bad main control board. The main control board is usually the cause for this error but you can check the resistance through the thermistor with a multimeter if you have one to make sure it reads 1080 at room temperature and it didn't come faulty. If that checks good, then follow the wires from the sensor to the board and make sure nothing is loose or broken. And if all that checks good, the main control board would need to be replaced I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?