John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My wife cleaned bottom of freezer it had ice that leaks on

Customer Question

My wife cleaned bottom of freezer it had ice that leaks on kitchen floor , she thought it was from open bottle of water , she shut off freezer and cleaned up ice , no she put it back on and now freezer wont freeze and frige wont stay cool , kenmore ***********
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your refrigerator today.

The first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the back panel inside the freezer. Look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel and are the packed with frost, lightly frosted from top to bottom, some frost on top but not on bottom, not frost at all, etc... ? Also, is the fan above the coils running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not sure at work
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK well when you get a chance to look just let me know what you find because at this point the possibilities are really endless until we know what the coils look like and whether the fan is running or not.