MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

My stand-alone frig (no freezer) was gathering a lot of

Customer Question

My stand-alone frig (no freezer) was gathering a lot of condensation so I replaced the screw-in magnetic door seal. Easy to replace or so I thought. I started at the top half of the door, removing the old seal and installing the new, then did the same on the bottom half. Hand tightened the screws. Now the door doesn't close tightly on the bottom left, opposite the hinge side. The new seal looks ok; no parts out of alignment as far as I can tell. Any ideas how to fix this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

Take the door off, remove the handle, and all the screws. Lay it flat on the floor then reinstall all the screws and gasket as it does warp when you try to do this with it on the product. This is way easier as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How could removing the door be easier? The frig is full size. I took the seal out of the box and let it "recover" for 2 days before installing. I didn't see any warp. It took me all of 15 minutes to install the new seal.