Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a kitchenaid model kscs25inss00. Had the board

Customer Question

I have a kitchenaid model kscs25inss00. Had the board replaced 2 months ago. It now is back to its fan on, fan off, beep, beep. still cooling, but erratic. I did some reading and thought I discovered they no longer make the board? Found you could replace the relay and capacitor so I ordered them. Just got the board out and it is "different" not the board I expected. Embraco vcc3115609. Dated Oct. 2014. Should I try ordering another one of these boards and where can I get it, or could be something else?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is the odd thing, is when I look it up at sears parts I find for my Fridge and that they have the board in stock? This board looks like the one I expected to see in my fridge. This part was supposed to be no longer made, so I surprised to see it in stock?
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/kitchenaid-refrigerator-parts/2307028/0046/106/model-KSCS25INSS00/0593/0165000.html
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now I found something that tells me I have pulled the inverter board, not the control board. That is why it does not match wath I expected to find. So where is the control board?? Thought it was down in the bottom left of the fridge?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nevermind..cancel the call..I found this video. ..I got the board in question! thanks anyway..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALgVAq6CY60&feature=iv&src_vid=mj2rFdoIDRU&annotation_id=annotation_1199750221
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assistftf2140fso you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

If the Freezer Evaporator fan is turning ON /OFF nothing you do to the relay and capacitor on the compressor are going to effect that!!

And your unit has more then one control board .

If you are having those fan issue you need to be looking at the main control board under the unit mounted on the rear right corner on the( side wall ).

The part number of the main control board is /was(###) ###-####

And yes it is no longer available from the Manufacture BUT you can remove the control board and have it sent away and they will repair it for you.

I can give you the part rebuilt company info if you would like?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I actually bought the Relay and Capacitor and fixed it on the board myself. Working Great! Hey, the funny thing is the night I was doing all of this I found the board IN STOCK at SearsParts for 99 dollars! I am questioning whether that is accurate or not, but was very surprised to see it. I have a friend with the same issue and this weekend he is going to double check and then if he needs it, he will try and order that board. Should be interesting whether he is able to truly get it. Maybe they have finally started making the board again?

ok a relay and cap on the control board .

The compressor also has a start relay and capacitor on it also .

Glad that you had the knowledge to replaced the components on the electronic control board.

Not everyone does actually very few do, most of the homeowners do not even know how to use a meter.

and yes Sears does show the part in stock .

So good luck to your neighbor!