John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have model #550 #P992459 bought in 1992. Our freezer on a

Customer Question

We have model #550 #P992459 bought in 1992. Our freezer on a regular basis makes a noise like a fan is hitting ice and the ice cubes become infrequent and clear. We turn the freezer off for 24 hours and then turn it back on. Its like so what is the problem. All is well. Then a week or two later here we go again. Any ideas. It has been the hottest summer ever in Seattle but it is driving us nuts. Is something about to break? I do not have $7000 to replace it especially when the upper refrigerator is doing well.
Thanks for your help
Tom Sammamish Washington
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

This is not defrosting as it should be. You'll need a voltmeter and know how to use it to solve this. Some disassembly will be needed. Too much detail is going to be needed to make it worthwhile typing it all out, so I am making you an offer for live help.

I am only interested in providing live help- if you decline the offer then this remains open.