Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an affinity dryer that worked before we just moved

Customer Question

i have an affinity dryer that worked before we just moved and now the display won't come on, there is 220 volts to the unit and the drum light comes on when you open the door but the display will not light up and it does nothing......please help
thanks, Bruce
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

There are no fuses that will cut out the control panel on the dryer. Make sure that the 220 volts is going to the 2 outside power wires on the power cord where it connects to the junction block. If that all checks good, then remove the top panel of the dryer and make sure all the wires are securely plugged into the main control board and if so, your main control board has failed possibly just from the rattling and jostling of moving the appliance from one location to another. Either way, the control board will need to be replaced to resolve the issue so below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?