Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a ge microwave that is beeping and showing service

Customer Question

I have a ge microwave that is beeping and showing service maybe needed keyboard shorted. What is the best fix?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So unfortunately this isn't an issue you can usually just reset. What you can try is to unplug the microwave and heat up the touch control panel with a hair dryer. Rub your thumb over the different buttons one at a time to try to unstick any buttons if one of the buttons is stuck. Let the touchpad cool down and if it won't work, you'll need to order and replace the entire touch control panel. The part number you'll need to order is WB07X11277 and below is a link to the touch control panel you can order and replace if you're handy.

CLICK HERE for touch control panel

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?